Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Raising a family far away from family...

It's not easy, by any means.  It's exceptionally lonely-feeling, pretty much constantly, at least for me.  Sure I have friends...even friends that can fulfill certain familial roles.  But it's just not the same.  It feels very unnatural to raise a family far far away from people who are and feel like family.  Even having lived in Hawaii on the Big Island almost 4 years, it's hard on me.  This is a very transient place, so I've had dozens of close friends (even ones who I thought would settle down here) move away, scatter, across the globe.  Very few people stay here longer then a year.  Confession: I don't entirely feel at home here either.

I'm having a very lonely night here in paradise.   

No comments:

Post a Comment