Sunday, January 12, 2014

Miscarriage Catharsis

A rough sketch of a vision...

*
*

Prem reached inside her belly and pulled out the fetus. His telekinetic hands slipped into her round abdomen and her face went slack with shock and she gave a pained, "oh.". . I could see his psychic arms moving, and then he withdrew.  In the grasp of his psionic energy, floated a living fetus, stolen from utero.  

The baby's mother screamed. Then she looked down, her face stricken and ghastly white, hands going to grab at her rapidly shrinking belly.   Her mind slammed into mine when she grasped what had happened.  Her mouth twisted and a traumatized keen pierced me inside and out, her head hanging on her neck like rotten fruit about to drop, eyes bulging. 

DISBELIEF-DENIAL-REALIZATION-RAGE, and a deep and cataclysmic DEPRESSION rocked my mind.  Emotions flooded me, the sheer GRIEF seemed impossible to bear!  I grit my teeth and struggled to block out the telepathic sharing, the impossible pain of feeling a child ripped from this woman's body.  I found myself at the cusp of unconsciousness in the tormented well of her sadness, her womb now empty, where just a few breaths before she and her baby had been connected. The soul-jarring misery which overcame me gushed with an evil foreboding of what was to come. Before I could even blink and move to stop what I knew would happen, she had pulled out a dagger from her boot and took it to her throat, and drew a red smile gushing blood just under her jawline. The bright fluid spilled over her chest and her painful throbbing inside my brain abruptly stopped.

I was left breathless and fragile, tears hanging in my eyes.  Her energetic frequency floated away, and it was a mercy.  I wish I'd never had to experience her grief.  

Prem laughed and floated the fetus away from its dead mother, hand outstretched in the working of  his telekinesis and transmutation, his angular face etched with wonder at what he had just done.  Prem was nothing if not impressed with himself.  Satisfaction radiated from his mind to mine.  

He had placed the tiny fetus floated in an circle of pale blue light.  It solidified and became a sack.  The fetus floated within the sphere, looking pink and scrawny.  Half developed, it's tiny fingers twitched and the doll-like face seemed to grimace in expression. I watched in disbelief when Prem took his hands to it.  I shuddered when he stroked the fetus's delicate back, the skin so paper-thin I could see the organs and veins beneath.  The whole fetus twitched in response.  I felt aversion to seeing him make contact with a half-cooked human.  My hands pressed over my mouth and I wondered if I would vomit.  Telepathically, I sent him,  Prem!  Stop it!  What are you doing ??

He turned his head at my thought, frowning as though I'd interrupted him. He fixed me in his mad electric blue eyes and sent back,   I don't need her.  I can gestate it myself.  

But...but the mother!  Horror shook me.  "You killed her.  You made her kill herself!"

His grin parted, teeth shining.  I only pushed her over the edge.  It wasn't very hard.  She was already mostly there.  And I don't need her anymore.    Aloud, he said smugly, "Don't grieve for her, blockhead.  She was no longer needed.  The fetus is mine now."  

I tried to understand.  My voice whispered, "Why are you doing this?  What do you want with human offspring?"  

"This one is only the beginning," he told me.    "There will be many many more."

"What are you going to do with them?"

He smiled at me.  "I'm farming them. What else?"

"I...don't understand."

I didn't think I wanted to understand.  

He laughed again, gaily, glancing over to the mother, motionless in a pool of blood.  "I intend to put them to good use.  It's time to give humanity the enhancements that they think they deserve.  I wonder if they will still want them when they get them."

No comments:

Post a Comment