Monday, July 16, 2012

Dietary Confusion

I ate all raw today again.  I don't even know if it's the healthy thing to do anymore.  But I feel like I want to do it.  I don't have much desire for anything else.  Every eating path one has, every direction you can go with food, has cons, and consequences.  Some more then others.  I don't think a raw vegan diet can supply me with everything I need.  But that I'm tired of so strongly feeling the consequences of any other food.  Raw vegan food has the least consequences and a lot of benefits.  It's true.  But I don't really think it's healthy to eat only raw vegan foods long term.  And other food paths do have benefits.  But then there is my body signals, feeling so sensitive.  I'm just not sure what to eat.  So I'll just eat raw vegan, and throw in some raw eggs and raw dairy every once in awhile.  I mean, what else can I really DO???  I can't eat fish without thinking about how toxic the ocean is.  I can't eat chicken, beef or pork without feeling a sense of guilt and just the thought grosses me out.  I can't eat dairy without suffering so much more mucous and a little bit of guilt, worrying about the goat's freedom and the morality of taking milk away from another creature intended for that creature's baby.  Eggs do seem kind of gross to me, most of the time, and I always wonder if the chickens were treated and fed properly.  Quinoa is a grain and does seem to irritate my bowels.   Potatoes seem to make me very achy and tired and seem to frequently upset my stomach.  Even fruit sucks in some ways.  It's always sweet and who knows if that much fructose is good for the liver and it does seem to cause tooth decay in large quantities, plus it never makes you feel grounded.  So I don't know what to eat.  I ate some avocado earlier, and that seemed stabilizing and good.   But it knocked me out asleep for 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment