Monday, October 13, 2014

Successful Time Management Gets My Rocks Off

I completely kicked ass tonight in regards to being wise about my time and energy.  We had a family dinner first of beans, rice, avocado, salsa and lettuce, baths were on schedule for both kids, then story time for Caspian and nursing for Seraphina, then Caspian went to bed and then Seraphina went to bed.  Eros and I each put the kids to bed, then switch, so each kid gets time with both of us. I cleaned my kitchen, washed dishes, and tidied the house to prepare for a busy day tomorrow, took a moment to relax and did email correspondence and then hopped on the treadmill.   My foot is healed (huzzah!) so I ran and walked (2 minutes running, 2 minutes walking) for 45 minutes.  Then I went upstairs to my private room and did an hour of intense yoga.  Niice.  After that, I relaxed in the bath with a kombucha and grapes reading about the pagan sabbats and various family rituals.  Afterwards I took my vitamins and  NOW...I'm in bed.

I did work on my novel today during the children's naptime, but not much got done.  It's okay though.  I'm tightening up the evening routine that has formed so that I can make sure I give it the time and energy it needs to thrive.   The goal is each day to become even more efficient and productive with my time.

And now I must try and sleep.  The next week is gonna be intense, as Eros will be gone pretty much all day, every day.  Gone a lot more then usual. This mama needs to be ON and at the top of my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment